Translate

GPA Store: Featured Products

Thursday, August 5, 2010

BLANCHE LINCOLN SAYS NO! TO ABOLISHING THE FEDERAL RESERVE

by Mark Daniels

I recently contacted Senator Blanche Lincoln in order to determine her position concerning the abolishment of the Federal Reserve System, established in 1913 for the international banking elites to gain control of the United States of America, the U.S. Congress, and the Presidency.  In response to my inquiry, I received the following email message from the Senator.
Dear Mark: 
Thank you for contacting me regarding abolishment of the Federal Reserve.
Congress created the Federal Reserve System and Board of Governors in 1913 as an independent agency to manage national monetary policy and provide oversight over some the country's national financial institutions. In the House of Representatives, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas has introduced legislation (HR 833) to abolish the Federal Reserve System. Similar legislation has not been introduced in the Senate.
I appreciate knowing your views regarding the Federal Reserve and our country's financial state. While I do not support abolition of the Federal Reserve, I do believe Congress should act to impose new transparency requirements on the Federal Reserve's portfolio and lending practices.
Over the past year, the Federal Reserve, in conjunction with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and Department of Treasury, has taken unprecedented levels of action in an effort to stabilize America's financial institutions. However, these efforts have been marred by an unacceptable lack of transparency regarding these agencies' use of taxpayer funds. Transparency is critical to maintaining support for Treasury's efforts in the financial sector, as the American public must have confidence that their money is being used in an effective and responsible manner.
In the Senate, I have co-sponsored the Federal Reserve Sunshine Act (S. 604), which would expand oversight and require greater transparency at the Federal Reserve. Specifically, this legislation would require a complete audit of the Federal Reserve by the Comptroller General and would require additional information be published on the Federal Reserve web site. The information to be published would include the names of any individuals, businesses, governments or entity who has received financial assistance from the Federal Reserve, the terms and amount of the assistance received and the rationale for each transaction.  
This legislation is currently awaiting consideration in the Senate Banking Committee. Rest assured, I will keep your thoughts in mind and will continue working to bring about greater transparency and accountability at the Federal Reserve.
Thank you again for contacting me. To learn more about my work in Congress, I encourage you to visit my online office and sign up for my e-newsletter at http://www.lincoln.senate.gov.  I am proud to serve the citizens of Arkansas in the United States Senate and hope you will not hesitate to let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.
Sincerely,
Blanche L. Lincoln
BLL:mc




If you would like to know more about the criminal activities of the Federal Reserve, please visit my YouTube Channel, GLOBALPOLITICALAWAKE or purchase the following books, audio, and video.

Books:





Audio:


Video:








widgets
0 Comments
Disqus
Fb Comments
Comments :

Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget