Translate

GPA Store: Featured Products

Monday, September 10, 2012

How I Have Lived Fluoride Free for 9 Months, and Tips to Help You Do the Same

Dees Illustration
Andrew Puhanic, Contributor

At the beginning of the year, I made a commitment to eliminate all artificially derived fluoride from my diet.

The decision to undertake this exercise was based on a number of studies that concluded ingesting artificially derived fluoride has limited benefits and is hazardous. Other more recent studies suggest fluoride ingested at high levels can reduce intelligence.

Considering that fluoride is added to drinking water supplies and is found in many products, the challenge I faced was not eliminating fluoride ingestion at home (that was easy), but trying to avoid it when eating out, visiting friends and when in places that don’t provide fluoride free options.

However, I have been successful living fluoride-free for nine months. Here are some tips for how you can remove fluoride from your diet.

It was at least three weeks after committing to eliminate fluoride from my diet that I finally got myself into a routine.

As I have discussed below, the hardest part was not trying to avoid fluoride at home, but avoiding fluoride at work, while visiting friends and family and while eating out at restaurants.

After 9 months of trying to avoid fluoride, I found that the best way to avoid ingesting fluoride is by sticking to the following 6 principles:

  1. Taking Control of the Water You Drink: Considering that fluoride is added to water supplies, by controlling what you drink, you can eliminate 90% of your fluoride intake. Therefore, drinking bottled water is the only way to do this. I’m based in Australia and buy bottled water made by Pureau. There are many affordable bottled water brands that also do not add fluoride to their water. Usually, if they add fluoride to their water, it should be stated. Those that don’t add fluoride usually highlight this fact as a selling point on the bottle.
  2. Simple Foods to Avoid: Whenever you go out, almost everything you drink and eat will contain fluoride. I recommend avoiding soups, coffee, casseroles and anything else that is prepared using water. There are plenty of alternatives available, and these alternatives don’t have to be the healthy options. A problem you may face is when consuming products that are preserved in a bottle or can. Most manufacturers won’t label that the water they have used contains fluoride. I recommend sticking to the basics (food not processed).
  3. Tell Your Family and Friends about Your Commitment: Be open and honest about your decision to avoid consuming fluoride. If your family and friends are aware of your initiative, then they will do everything they can to support you (especially when you are visiting for lunch or dinner).
  4. Fight with Facts and Don’t Let Bullies Push You Around: On occasion, you may get resistance or even harassed. Over the last 9 months, I found that facts always quash the emotive nature of people trying to put you down. If someone says “Your wasting your time”, I usually respond with a couple of facts about the risk I’m trying to avoid. This usually shuts people up.
  5. Try Not to Make too Many Changes: Try not to drastically change your diet or routine. Just like dieting, most people (including myself) don’t stick to diets very well. At home, because you can control the type of water you use, there is no real need to change anything. The problem lies when you go out. One tip that has worked well for me is to stick to the basics (meat, vegetables, etc.) when ordering food or eating at a friend's place.
  6. Don’t Try to Convert Others: Don’t go around forcing your initiative onto other people. Most people don’t like being told what to do. Instead, lead by example and the others will follow. This initiative is relatively difficult and you will be better off focusing on your own efforts, rather than other people.
Results, Observations and the Future

Although 9 months is a relatively short time, since I made the decision to remove fluoride from my diet I am now much healthier, feel more alert, and my general well-being has improved.

Overall, my oral health and hygiene is just as good as it was before I started this initiative. Because I now have to watch what I drink and eat, I have virtually eliminated all sugar-laden drinks from my diet, which has the added benefit of reducing the risk of tooth decay.

One other observation I have made is that I feel much more alert. I can’t scale exactly how much more alert I feel, but I can say that now I don’t rely on coffee to achieve the same sensation.

Ultimately, the foolproof way to completely eliminate fluoride from our diets is if the government is pressured to stop adding it to our drinking water. Unfortunately, for many countries and districts, this probably won’t happen in the short to medium term.

I hope my experiences with removing fluoride from my diet inspires you to make the same decision I did 9 months ago.

To be honest, it was pretty easy; and if you take note of the above 6 principles I learnt, your journey to a fluoride-free life will be much easier.

Andrew Puhanic is the founder of the Globalist Report. The aim of the Globalist Report is to provide current, relevant and informative information about the Globalists and Globalist Agenda. You can contact Andrew directly by visiting the Globalist Report


Enter your email address to subscribe to our newsletter:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Be the Change! Share this using the tools below. Sharing on Reddit and Newsvine will help the most.
widgets
0 Comments
Disqus
Fb Comments
Comments :

Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget